The second-largest cryptocurrency by market cap continues with its impressive 2021 performance by registering yet another record. This time, ETH skyrocketed to another rounded-number milestone of $3,000.
- Ethereum entered the new year at $760 after an impressive surge throughout 2020, in which, its lowest price was approximately $90 at mid-March, following the COVID19 financial crash.
- The high demand for the ETH token, together with the ongoing crypto bull run, eventually led to registering a new ATH in less than a month into 2021, breaking the previous peak from January 2018 of $1440.
- Aside from brief retracements, ETH’s bull cycle only intensified in the following months. Consequently, ether shot above $2,000 in February for a new record.
- After stalling in March, ETH resumed its tradition to mark new records in April. This led to consecutive fresh ATHs, as recently reported, and ultimately, ETH took down the latest milestone of $3,000.Thus, the cryptocurrency is roughly 300% up YTD.
- Ethereum’s native cryptocurrency also surged against bitcoin, leading to a new near 3-year record of over 0.05 for the trading pair ETH/BTC.
- The asset’s market cap expanded as well to over $340 billion. As a result, ETH entered the top 30 assets by that metric.
- As of writing these lines, Ethereum has surpassed prominent names like PayPal, Toyota Motor Comp., Coca-Cola Company, Inter, Netflix, and more.