The data is based on an analysis of some 884,000 users who connected to DappRadar between August 1 and September 12, the firm said.
The analyzed countries include the US, which dominated the findings with 121,000 users covered by the report, as well as a number of countries from Europe, North America, South America, Asia, Africa, and Australia.
The latest available data confirms the shift towards blockchain-based gaming.
Last May, 55% of DappRadar’s audience interacted with DeFi dapps, while the remaining 45% were equally divided between NFTs and games. Last June, DeFi generated 54% of the clickouts, while Games and NFTs represented a total of 46%.
“Flash forward to August, the numbers have changed drastically,” the report said. “DeFi dapps now represent around 18% of the traffic whereas games account for 45% and NFTs are close to 41%.”
“August confirmed a trend we started observing in July — that dapp users are increasingly shifting their focus to gaming and NFTs, and less so on DeFi. Looking at the consumer behaviors behind those numbers makes the gaming segment all the more promising,” per the firm.
Moreover, the report indicates the beginnings of a trend involving a growing number of women entering the blockchain space and, along with it, dapp gaming.
Of the 240,000 analyzed users, 75% were men, and 25% women. This said, since May, the difference has been slightly decreasing, according to data from the report. ____